Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Almost Finsished with the Wings!

I got back to working on the wings. I didn't post any updates because the process was basically the same for the left wing as it was the right. Here are some pictures of how we riveted the last skin on the left wing. We clecoed the skin to a piece of PVC pipe then ran a rope from the PVC pipe to the ceiling.



As of now, Everything is finished except for the wingtips (I am going to wait to install them) and the finishing the right tank. Yesterday Dad and I sealed the left tank. We got the float bent and tested the sender. We also had to bend the pickup tube so it would be at the bottom of the tank. I stuck the camera in the tank with the self-timer on to check the position of the pickup line.

We then installed needed items and got everything sealed.
It won't be long until I am working on the fuselage!

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment