Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Landing light installation

Yesterday I finished installing a 'Duckworks' landing light in the right wing. Here are some pictures I took while installing it.

One of the hardest parts was cutting the hole in the leading edge. That was something I 'let' Dad do.

Here are two of the nutplate that hold the landing light mount.

To drill the lens, Dad held the light in position and I drilled it. Luckily I didn't crack it.

Here are a couple of pictures of everything installed.


Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wing progress so far

I started working on my right wing in March. Here are some pictures of the progress I have made since then.

Here is a picture of the wing.

These holes are for conduit.

Here is a picture of I took while working on pulling the conduit through. It was a real pain and took me a few hours.

Here is a picture of the autopilot servo.

You can see I have the gap fairings and the aileron installed.


Empennage Completion

I finished the empennage (tail) back in March. I was dreading the trailing edge, but things went really well. Here are some pictures.

The finished Left Elevator.

A close-up of a double-flush rivet.

Rolling the leading edge of the rudder.

After I got the empennage finished I moved the quick-build wings into my workshop.


Saturday, April 9, 2011


This will be my Airplane building blog. I still might post stuff on the other blog like when the wings are finished and stuff like that, but the smaller details will stay here. I have copied stuff from the other blog that has RV related stuff to here as you will see below. I still have to tweak the header and stuff, but other than that it is good to go. Stay tuned for updates!